When we talk about red carpet event, we usually think about stylish stars and beautiful appearance. However,not every red carpet or evening hair style needs to be highly dressed. Indeed, when we attended the recent Australian Film Industry Awards we witnessed plenty of stars opting for understated, effortless looks. One popular style was long, waved tousled hair; glamorous yet with a bohemian edge and still appropriate for 2011's hair trends. Today our ghd blog will share that Lee Matthews for ghd created the style with ghd Salon Styler on actress Phoebe Tonkin for the 2011 AFI Awards ceremony.
After the jump you'll find how to create the look for yourself.
- Apply ghd Thermal Protector and ghd Maximise Mousse to towel dried hair, and blow dry in using your fingers to tousle the hair as you go to enhance natural movement.
- Apply ghd Creation Spray throughout the hair for longevity and hold of your style.
- Using your ghd iv Salon Styler create loose curls by placing your ghd IV Styler in at the roots, rotating 180 degrees and gliding slowly through to the ends. The GHD IV Salon Styler has wider plates (40mm) than the GHD IV Styler (25mm) or the GHD IV Mini Styler (13mm). This enables it to style larger sections of hair quickly and effortlessly.Ceramic-coated aluminum plates help seal the cuticle and create shine while locking in hair's natural moisture, preventing atmospheric moisture from re-penetrating hair.
- As you reach the top only rotate your styler 45 degrees before glinding through to create a soft bend around the face.
- Using your fingers rake through the hair to break up the curl before spraying with ghd Sea Spray to add a raw 'lived in' texture.